Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Denali, Helmet, the Rich Kids

I was thrilled that Denali got back together this year, but also bummed that none of their shows were an easy commute for me down here in Florida. But alas, I can still check how they sounded. Even better than I thought they would sound, it turns out. It's tough to pick just one here, but "Gunner", one of my favorite songs of theirs, will do.



Another gem from the old MTV show Jon Stewart once had. Some of my favorite bands of the time were on that show. I look for those clips a lot. This one from Helmet is classic. The tune is "Wilma's Rainbow" and this is one of the best band performance on TV that I've ever seen. One of the best heavy bands ever. And they sound amazing here.



And the Rich Kids, a band from the late 70's with ex-Sex Pistols bassist Glen Matlock. This is a clip from a TV perfomance of their song, "Ghosts of Princes in Towers".

No comments: