Friday, January 2, 2009

From Where the Name Came...

While I hammer out my top 10 of 2008, here's wishing you a happy 2009 with some Paul Westerberg. I looked at a lot of old Replacements stuff too, but the quote I got the name for this blog from comes from the film Come Feel Me Tremble, which was made during his continuing solo career. So here's some good clips of solo Paul with one full-band clip as well:

"Alex Chilton" from a show that seems to be from the run of shows documented for Come Feel Me Tremble



"Can't Hardly Wait" from around the same time, 2002, I think



And even an old Jools Holland appearance with his great 1993 line-up: Dave Minehan on guitar, Darren Hill on bass and the omni-present Josh Freese on drums. I got to see this band on this tour and they sounded incredible! This was an excellent band that did Paul's songs justice and then some. The beginning of this song sounds loud even on my computer speakers.



Paul Westerberg's Website.


Happy New Year! from Candybar.

No comments: